Off Topic Tools for downloading/archiving/sharing

Reactions: ogg
Comment
Aug 19, 2022
Guys, any tip on sharing OF content? Where? (go.file?) Is it safe? Do you know if they track downloaded content?

Thanks.

Came here to ask a similar question, apologies if its been answered.

I have recently bought an onlyfans video that is well overdue being shared on here, I'd like to share it here - but is there anything I need to do to make sure its anonymised or suchlike? Obviously don't want to get busted, permabanned from OF or even sued by the creator.

Comment
Came here to ask a similar question, apologies if its been answered.

I have recently bought an onlyfans video that is well overdue being shared on here, I'd like to share it here - but is there anything I need to do to make sure its anonymised or suchlike? Obviously don't want to get busted, permabanned from OF or even sued by the creator.

I'll post here separately so this remains for anyone else who might be concerned about this...

Bottom line: I don't think you have to worry about content ID from sites like OnlyFans.

Commenter 1: I'd be really surprised if OF doesn't encode invisible subscriber ID watermarks in videos, or at least some kind of identifying metadata. Maybe it's more rendering power than it's worth?

Commenter 2: If what you are saying was true, the PPV and video flows on this site would have stopped a long time ago. There was another person that had just subscribed to her back in mid- to late-feb and he was not receiving the DMs on new PPVs either, and she was not responding to his messages. Maybe she is just getting tired and lazy of posting PPVs.

My response:
I can't be sure if or why they haven't implemented some mechanism like that, but my guess is that anything that would be feasible enough to implement would be trivially easy for the downloader to circumvent, and anything that would make the content too difficult to anonymize would be cost prohibitive for the host.

Cost prohibitive
And even if the host did bother swallowing the cost of creating and instituting some kind of ID system, it would then still require the resources necessary to constantly monitor the Internet for leaked content and match it to the respective accounts. (Remember we're talking about over 1 million creators, and over 100 million users, with around 500k new registrations per day. And that's just on OnlyFans alone.) There's no way they're going to pay the cost of Internet copyright policing for e-thots.)

Waste of time/money
But a response to that might be: "Well they don't have to actually police the Internet, they could just have their system fingerprint the content automatically, and if the creator herself finds it online, she'll be able to find out who to sue if she wants to."

First of all, I think if that were the case, we would have heard about it by now—either from actual lawsuits, or people would have noticed different hash digests from the same content downloaded by different accounts.

Second, pursuing legal action would be a total waste of time and money. The odds of being able to get more from a leaker than it would cost to actually sue them are slim to none.

Counterproductive
So really the best they could accomplish is banning some people from the platform...who happen to be reliable paying customers. It's effectively just biting the hands that feed you. So it would almost be a guaranteed effort of lowering their revenue.

They'd be spending money to lose more money. It's not as if you ban a leaker and all of a sudden everyone who was getting the content for free will start paying. Not to mention, it's pretty trivial to just start a new OF account with a different email address and payment method. Trying to block leakers from your site is a futile game of whack-a-mole that's ultimately just a waste of resources for the host. And if we're being honest, I don't really think sites like OnlyFans care that much anyway.

Leaks are actually free marketing
This is all not to mention, it's highly likely that leaks have a net positive effect...
(Why else do you think it's the default to have the content watermarked with the creator's username/URL? They know it's going to get shared.)

Last edited:
Comment
For anyone looking for something on mobile, there’s this app called Aloha, it’s free and just a browser like Chrome and all, you can dl pics and vids from OF and Fansly (haven’t tried other sites), doesn’t work on vids from twitter’s dm unfortunately

And so you know, it works for pics/vids via dm on Fansly but ONLY the ones available to you, either you paid or got sent for free, if there’s the little lock it doesn’t work

Reactions: digital_warlord
Comment
Damn! Fansly must have changed something on their sites, because now it's really impossible to download images! I've tried all extensions, both in chrome and firefox, even the developer tools doesn't work! Fortunately the videos can still be downloaded.

Does anyone know a method to download the images??

1 Comment
3Stackz commented