Hi, I've been using ctbrec for around 2-3yrs. Previously on a Windows 10 system and had no real problems with the program, more so that my computer was crap.
I now have a Windows 11 system and have been using ctbrec on it for around 6 months. Until a couple of days ago.
Now when I double-click the .exe file I get a Windows message saying ""Microsoft Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognised app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk."
It gives me two options: 'Run anyway' or 'Don't Run'.
Naturally, I tried 'Run anyway'. What happens is, the ctbrec logo (red box) appears, stays on screen for about 5 seconds, then disappears. The program doesn't start up.
After, when I double-click the .exe, the Windows message doesn't appear. But, again, the logo (red box) appears, goes and the program doesn't start.
I have the latest version of ctbrec. I've done virus/malware scans and I have no problems there. I've restarted the computer. Nothing helps.
In all the time I've used ctbrec I've never seen the "Microsoft Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognised app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk." I've read something about security certificates. How ctbrec probably doesn't have a sufficient certificate, so Windows is blocking it. But, surely that would affect all people who use Windows and ctbrec, no?
Can anyone offer some help? It'd be much appreciated.

byeah
byeah commented
did you wipe every bit of ctbrec on your computer, even the %appdata% files .
REMEMBER TO BACK UP YOUR CAMGIRLS

H
H0ldm18eer commented
i guess the camsites are now trying everything in there power to stop cap programs as it still seams to mess up evern when theres a new update. livejasmin blocks ip adresses if found useing ctbrec, even mfc not recording cams propperly.

C
cgallagher82 commented

Never thought of that.
I've located the ctbrec folder within AppData directory? Do I just delete the whole folder, I presume? Would my 'model list' be somewhere in that folder? I have a backup from about 3-4months ago, but, since then, I've added more, so it'd be nice to know there's an up-to-date list in there.
After deleting the AppData folder and deleting the directory where I unpacked the zip/installtion folder, will I have then removed everything associated with ctbrec from my computer?
I'm going to try turning off some of the 'protection' in the 'Reputation-based protection' part of App & Broswer control, tomorrow, to see if that changes anything, too.
Windows has never blocked an app (.exe) in all the years I've used it. I've been using ctbrec for around 3-4yrs, I think. Previously on a Windows 10 machine. I've been using ctbrec on a Windows 11 machine for 5 months and I never had a problem before. Baffles me.

C
cgallagher82 commented

Solved it. Deleted the ctbrec directory and the ctbrec folder in AppData to start with. But, I think it's because I disabled the 'Potentially unwanted app blocking' feature in Windows Security.
Program is back, up and running.
Thanks for your suggestion, all the same.
Cheers, fella.

Apr 6, 2023
After using the program successfully for almost a month, sometimes even with up to 5 streams recorded concurrently, I've had a problem with recording consistently during the past week. Now recordings stop without explanation (checkmark under "recording" column disappears, then reappears), even sometimes when only one stream is being recorded and I'm doing nothing else with the computer. Other times the recording checkmark remains for hours but I find that the recording saved is only 10 or 15 minutes instead of hours. The file creation and last modified timestamps show what "should have" been recorded, but the .ts is very small.
I tried the recommendations above (deleting the cache and contents of the recordings folder) but that hasn't solved the problem. The logging tab in the program shows many segment errors and sometimes errors retrieving the playlist. What could cause that?

Comment
Hello, I would like to know how I can change the parameters to save videos in mp4

4 Comments
chr0m3
chr0m3 commented
1IpkruF.png

FAVORITOSDS
FAVORITOSDS commented

N
nytedreamz commented
Does anyone know how to record Bongacams? It no longer works on this program.

Z
zarmanina commented